play is magic
All Québec daycare services must implement an educational program that includes activities that: 1- To promote the overall development of the child by allowing him to develop all the dimensions of his person in particular on the emotional, social, moral, cognitive, linguistic, physical and motor. 2- gradually bring the child to adapt to life in a community and to integrate harmoniously. The five basic principles that underlie the Ministry's educational program are:
- Every child is unique
- Child development is a comprehensive and integrated process
- The child is the first agent of his development
- The child learns through play
- Collaboration between educators and parents is essential to the harmonious development of the child.
- the quality of interactions between educators and children;
- the quality of interactions between educators and parents;
- structuring and layout of the premises;
- structuring and diversity of activities offered to children.